Different materials, special geometry, load actions and various regulations - all in one place.
Materials play an important role in structural analysis. We consider classic materials as well as the ones with time-dependent properties:
- Concrete/reinforced concrete
- GRP (glass reinforced plastic)
- Thermoplastics such as PP-B, PP-H, PVC-U, PP-R, PE-HD/HDPE
- Steel, cast iron
- Polymer concrete
- All kinds of lining material
You want to use a special material?
Another essential element for the structural design is the geometry. We consider many different geometric properties at designing a construction:
- Solid-wall pipes/manholes
- Molded parts
- Profiled pipes, corrugated pipes, hollow sections
- Perforated cross sections
- Pipes with base
- Oval (egg-shaped) profiles in all dimensions
- SDR (StandardDimension Ratio)
- Jaw profiles, kite profiles, hood profiles
- Large profiles
- Rectangular and box profiles
- Dry weather drains and channels
What special shape do you have on your mind? Tell us about your idea!
Actions (loads, safety)
If we were to strictly follow European standardization, the word "actions" would be used here instead of "loads". Some of them are standardized; others require a deep understanding of standards, careful planning and a preliminary load determination.
- SLW 60, SLW 30 (heavy-duty vehicles, standardized vehicles according to DIN Technical Report 101 or ATV-DVWK-A 127)
- LM 1 or load model 1in road traffic according to DIN EN 1991-2
- LM 71 or load model 71 in rail traffic, single-track or multi-track, successor to UIC 71
- Load determination for special vehicles such as forklift trucks, reach stackers, cranes, Boeing 747 and Airbus A340/A380 aircraft via landing gear footprint
Dynamic loads, fatigue proof and vibration amplitudes
In fatigue proof we investigate the behavior of the construction under alternating loads. The verification depends on the set of rules and the action. Common values in the fatigue analysis are:
- Number of load cycles 2x106, specified in ATV-DVWK-A 127:2000 and there for the railroad load model UIC 71 as well as the road traffic load model SLW 60.
- Number of load cycles 1x108 for pipelines under the German Rail mentioned for the first time in DWA-A 161: 2014.
- It is possible to take different values into account, according to contractors specifications.
For each number of load cycles and depending on the material a permissible amplitude (material strength) is determined.
Before your very special load becomes a burden for you: Contact us!
Regulations, standards, worksheets, leaflets, technical information, standards
We are familiar with and consider most of the regulations for buried pipes, liners, manholes and other subterranean constructions.
- ATV-DVWK/DWA: German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA), Hennef
We are a member and partner of the DWA
- DIN e.V.: German Institute for Standardization, Berlin
- Deutsche Bahn AG: RIL 836 - Design, construction and maintenance of earth structures
- Eurocodes / EC: European standardization for actions, individual references
Website: Eurocodes / EC
- SIA: Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects
- AWWA: American Water Works Association, e.g. AWWA M45
- DCA: Verband Güteschutz Horizontalbohrungen e.V. - Drilling Contractors Association: Technical Guideline
Website: DCA Europe
We also use related standards such as Fascicule or CIRIA.
If your requirements exceed the approaches of common standards, we can solve this together: For example, we considered the Basel tram or the Potsdam tram as well as crane bases. For port authorities, we represented the gantry crane from Noell, reachstackers from Kalmar and fire-fighting vehicles.
If you are missing a New Zealand or Danish standard, please contact us!